Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coin Operated Model T Cars

Earlier this week Stuff From the Park posted a couple of pictures of coin operated Model T cars. There was question about were the pictures where taken. I think we established that they were taken at Knott's in Fiesta Village by the Merry-Go-Round.

After some looking around I found an article in the winter 1967 Knotty Post about the man who created and operated these cars (see the article below). There was another Model T car ride Fiesta Village it was called the Tijuana Taxis. This ride was created, owned and operated by Bud Hurlbut.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the clarification, Allen. We have this Knotty Post in the collection - and should have remembered it!
    When Bud examined our little car, he indicated it had been through his shop. Thinking back, he may have been talking about a refurb only. Possibly the Fiesta Village paint job it recieved. That would make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I remember referring to these articles when updating our records for The Information Department "history" files. I also wrote for The Berry Vine on occasion. Look forward to seeing more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work. Free Car Transport

    ReplyDelete